Height 29 ft., DBH 29.6 cm (10/31/13)
A nearby unlabeled green ash.
E. North America
Location: map coordinates T-1 (on Loop Road, north of water tower; south of old barn), N 39°11'8'' W 75°32'50''
Planting history: probably planted with new Loop Road ca 2000. Source probably (Terrain at) Styers (nursery), PA.
- small- to medium-sized deciduous tree
- etymology: Fraxinus = the Latin name; pennsylvanica = of Pennsylvania
- leaves pinnately compound (5-9 leaflets), opposite. Fall foliage yellow
- flowers inconspicuous; dioecious (separate male and female trees)
- fruit = samara (dry, winged achene), in clusters
- leaf scar only slightly notched
- habitat moist rich woods, swamps
Native species, State Rank S5 (very common, in Delaware)
Herbarium specimen collected from a nearby un-labeled green ash tree, also planted along the Loop Road at the same time as the labeled tree.
HIT REFRESH TO START LOCATION GRAPHIC